Sunday, February 16, 2014

Battle of the Sexes

Three years ago my husband asked me to select a place to go for dinner on Valentine.  Yearly we would go out for dinner on Valentine mainly because is had become a tradition.  Most couples spend half of the evening waiting to be seated.  Talking to a few friends they all complained about the crowded restaurants or long waits for Valentine.  I decided to host a couple party.  The first year was such a success I was urged to host another. This is year 3 and our couple night has only gotten better.  Our theme this year was "Battle of the Sexes".  Unexpectantely to the females the men won!
                                                                 "The Victory Dance"



 Each couple pay $30 and I cook the meal.  This years menu was very tasty. We had blackberry glazed sausage bites, chicken salad filled deviled eggs, chocolate covered strawberries, spinach dip and cheese balls with crackers.  Dinner consist of raspberry glazed pork chops, sweet potato soufflé, succotash, dinner rolls ending with red velvet cupcakes and mini peach cobbler for dessert. 
No one went home hungry!!





 

 
















We played brain teaser and dirty minds in which the men won by only 1 point! My favorite part of the night was couple karaoke. I had each couple to text me their favorite song.  I didn't tell them that they would have to perform the song.  This was hilarious! My husband didn't know the words to our wedding song!!!!  He made up for it with his performance skills.  The guys did a "Best Man Holiday" scene and performed a number dedicated to us, no it wasn't  a New Edition song it was "My Girl, by the Temptations." 








Since most Valentine gifts are geared towards pleasing the woman we came up with an idea to have each wife decorate a message in the bottle for their husbands.  This became a competition among us.  Each one signified something special.  To say this night was special was an understatement.  I'm looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment