Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Husband's 50th Birthday Celebration!

"The Happy Couple"

 Last year I turned 40 and had a huge party! I had such a blast I started planning my husband's 50th birthday party the next week.  As always he said that he didn't need anything and had everything he could possibly want.  Well of obviously I didn't listen. He knew I was up to something and since he don't like surprises and hates not being in control he began to snoop.  Everything remained a surprise!  Three days before his party I placed his dinner on the table and gave him an invitation to his weekend long celebration.    Thursday, Nov. 11, his admin surprised him with over the hill decorations all over his office, hallway and bathroom.  He called me so excited! "Babe you would never guess what they did, and they are taking me to lunch today so I will be late coming home." I pretended not to know anything.  Little did he know I was in route to his job setting up for a surprise party there.  When he returned to the office from a bogus errand he was floored when he saw me and my aunts sitting in the office with his co-workers ready for a party.  Friday, Nov. 12 his actual birthday, I planned a 70's party at my home where I had several surprise guess that he had not seen in 9 years.  Saturday, Nov. 13 I planned a Red Affair since he did not want any black.  This was my favorite night so I am sharing pictures from this special event.  The final surprise was a 5 day cruise and we left 2 days after his party.

"Cake and Cupcake table"

"Favors filled with homemade pecan candy"

"My Nephew and Neice hosted the affair"

"Drink Table"

"Tablescape"

"Program and Menu"

"Buffet"

"Centerpieces"

No comments:

Post a Comment